American Indian Professional Education Consortium
The AIPEC program is a work payback program funded by the Office of Indian Education, U.S. Department of Education. For every month on the program, participants must work one month in a school with a high proportion of American Indian Students
Participants in this program will be eligible for funding to assist with the costs of obtaining an education degree at Northeastern State University. In addition, each participant will receive professional development training on the culture specific needs of American Indian Students.
- Must be an American Indian or Alaskan Native member of a federal or state recognized tribe
- Must be admitted into the Teacher Education program at NSU’s College of Education
- Must have a 2.75 GPA or higher
- Must be willin to remain active and participate in all required activities
AIPEC benefits include
- Tuition, fees, and other educational expenses
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring program
For more information, contact Nikki Jones, Program Director at 918-456-5581, ext. 316 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.